“Entertainment-Space: Four Projects in Monditalia” (contribution) in The Venice Counter-Catalogue:
A Guide to the 14th International Architecture Exhibition, 2015
Transversing the Bay (catalog) commissioned for the exhibition TRANSIT/STASIS: Negotiating Movement in the City exhibition, October 2011
PUBLIC EVENTS AND TALKS
2022 Section Cut by Monograph: The New Stack Panel Moderator 3/8/22
2018 GSAPP Incubator Open Sessions: Making Space for Intersection, New Inc, New York, NY
2017 Conversation with Rachel Casanova (R/GA) CRE. tech LIVE Real Estate Week, New York, NY
2017 Columbia GSAPP, Social Justice Career Symposium, New Inc, New York, NY
2017 General Economy Project Presentation for University of Leicester, New Inc, New York, NY
2016 General Economy, IDEO Happy Hour, New Inc, New York, NY
2013 Terra Incognita, collective urban puzzle game (co-organized with Nick Sowers and Javier Arbona), Bay Area Public School, Oakland CA,
Power of the False, experimental workshop (co-organized with Andrew Culp and Delio Vasquez), Bay Area Public School, Oakland, CA.
2011 Transversing the Bay Q&A, San Francisco Art Institute, San Francisco, CA
“Transversing the Bay” part of TRANSIT/STASIS: Negotiating Movement in the City, 2011
Venice Observatory Open House, Emily Harvey Foundation, Venice, Italy June 2014
ACADEMIC + COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
2023 Guest Critic, 3rd Year Studio, UIUC School of Architecture, Champaign, IL
2019-23 Visiting Faculty, Pratt Institute
2018 Guest Critic, 5th Year Studio, Pratt Institute, Brooklyn, NY
2018-19 Organizer of Architecture Admin Happy Hour
2017 Guest Critic, Critical Material Practice Studio, Pratt Institute, Brooklyn, NY
2016-17 GSAPP Incubator, New Inc, New Museum, New York, NY
2016 Guest Critic, Urban Studies Studio, GSAPP, Columbia University New York, NY
2014 Co-organizer, Critical Shifts Symposium, Columbia University, New York, NY
2014 Co-organizer, Venice Observatory, student-led workshop, 14th Venice International Biennale of Architecture, Venice, Italy
2013-15 GSAPP Program Council Student Representative, Columbia University, New York, NY
Resonant City www.resonantcity.net
Writer and Editor of Resonant City: an online publication of arts and architecture.
Contributions include: over fifty articles and reviews, editorial direction, web design, content management, online community building through Facebook and Twitter.
Bay Area Public School www.thepublicschool.org 2012-2013
Co-founder and key organizer of the Bay Area Public School
Key Contributions: Administrative direction, training, facilitating classes, meetings, and workshops.
Online responsibilities: content management, email lists management, Facebook and Twitter outreach, user testing and QA for website. Within nine months our organization grew from forty to nearly two hundred participants hosting dozens of classes every week.
PRATT INSTITUTE New York, NY
Visiting Instructor, Humanities and Media Studies
Teaching research methods and interdisciplinary writing to fine arts and architecture students. Courses Taught: Thesis Studio—Research Methods for Architecture, Intro Literary and Critical Studies for Architects, Studio Writing Intensive (Junior + Senior Fine Arts)
MOVE38 New York, NY
Director of Marketing and Communications 2019-Present
- Created customer acquisition lifecycle from kickstarter backer to returning customer
- Content Strategy and Implementation of Cross-Channel Marketing on all social platforms
- Creation of over 150 Marketing Emails, 50 Blog posts, and 50 Kickstarter Updates
- Brand: Developed Product Language, Pitches, Press Releases, and Personas
- Supervised a Cross-Functional Team of Designers, Interns, and External Marketing/PR Partners; set schedules, goals, and KPIs, trained new hires in internal systems
- Managed ecommerce: Shopify + 2 Kickstarter campaigns revenues 750k in 2020
- Business Development: Go-to-market research, retail partner acquisition & retention
THE ARCHITECT’S NEWSPAPER New York, NY
Program Director, Facades+ and Tech+ Conferences.
- Developed themes & programs for more than twenty 200 to 500 person events
- Supervised marketing team in promoting the conferences, commissioned editorial coverage, and managed the implementation of communications strategy
- Managed Websites, Email Campaigns (4 Concurrent Events / 3-5 E-blasts per week)
- Recruited Speakers and Managed Deliverables for Event Speakers, Sponsors, and Industry Partners leading to 3x growth and process improvements for the conferences
- Led other special projects 2017 Best of Design Contest 2x award categories + revenue
- Oversaw the development of multiple new websites and produced video series at AIA.
- Tech+ Conferences: Built a new event brand to highlight architectural technology and start-up topics in the architecture space. Programmed and ran the first 3 events in this series
- Contributed 10 articles, reviews, and interviews to the publication as a freelance writer on art, architecture, design, and technology subjects
Wrote and researched articles, reviews, and interviews for various publications including The Architect’s Newspaper and Metropolis
Freelance Communications Strategist 2009-Present
Marketing, communications, content strategy, project management, copywriting, multimedia production, positioning, identity, UI/UX design, social media marketing
Clients included a mental health organization, an independent game company, filmmakers, visual artists, non-profits, and other small businesses.
People Organizing to Demand Environmental and Economic Rights (PODER)
Volunteer, Project Assistant
Responsibilities: grant writing and fundraising support, staff technology training, development and multiple iterations of organization’s website, development of press materials, events organizing, and general office management.
Intern, Project Assistant 2003-2005
Responsibilities: grant writing and fundraising, events organizing, designed and maintained website, mailing lists, coordinated donations and logistics.
Masters of Science in Critical, Curatorial, and Conceptual Practices in Architecture
Graduate School of Architecture, Planning, and Preservation (GSAPP)
Columbia University, New York, NY
Graduated, May 2015
Courses in: History and Theory of Architecture, Art History, Archival Practices
Bachelors of Arts in Broadcasting and Electronic Communication Arts
San Francisco State University, San Francisco, CA
Graduated with Honors, May 2006
Courses in Television and Radio Production, Communications, History
International Studies Program
University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia, 2004
Courses in: International Policy, Human Rights, World History
FELLOWSHIPS, HONORS, AND ACADEMIC AWARDS
Presidential Scholarship, San Francisco State University, 2001